Exfoliating has many other benefits like unclogging pores, eliminating dark spots, promoting smooth skin, and rejuvenate the skin to reduce wrinkles. However, you must be careful to never over exfoliate your skin. You can possibly remove too many layers of skin, leaving it very thin and possibly burned. Begin with the exfoliation process once every two weeks. Try it weekly, if your skin does not have any negative reaction to it. Remember: DO NOT to scrub for more than 2-3 minutes, to limit irritation or over exfoliate your skin.
The most frequently asked questions this point is, “Which product should I use?” There are various products, by various companies, for various skin types, and various conditions. Some brands that we highly recommend are: Shea Moisture, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, and Ambi. Below are more suggestions to get you started. Remember to be careful when using any products and/or equipment. We are not responsible for any damage caused by misuse, product abuse, and/or allergies.
- Find your skin type first.
- Research. Research. Research.
- Meet with a physician, dermatologist, and/or esthetician.
- Use Normal or Sensitive products until you have found them safe or need to upgrade to the next highest strength.
- Start with a bi-monthly schedule until you are ready for weekly. (We do not recommend to exfoliate more than one time per week)
- 2 Towels
- Cleansing Cream
- Exfoliating Scrub
We appreciate you taking time to review this blog post. Please feel free to email questions, comments, concerns, or topic requests to email@example.com.